Sonic Wave Festival, a new multi-venue music experience, takes over some of Digbeth’s biggest and brightest music venues this May
Digbeth’s venues will play host to some of the biggest names from Birmingham and beyond this May bank holiday, as the debut Sonic Wave Festival rolls into town.
In their announcement, Sonic Wave said:
“Prepare to immerse yourself into a one-day, second-city centric, multi-genre music and arts festival; showcasing the sound of Birmingham and beyond, utilising some of the creative quarter’s most breath-taking spaces.
Work your way through the backstreets of Digbeth to discover sounds of indie, rock, punk, electronic, disco, grime and lo-fi, that truly represents the metropolitan city we live in.
We’ll be using non-conforming spaces and some of the most iconic venues in the Midlands, whilst experimenting with the togetherness of different genres to curate an experience never seen before in Birmingham.”
For more information and the full line-up so far, check out Sonic Wave’s Facebook page.
Tickets for the inaugural Sonic Wave Festival go on sale this Wednesday, 5 February at 10am via this link.
Like this? Try these…
- An ode to Digbeth: Birmingham’s gritty creative quarter
- Birmingham home to coolest UK neighbourhood
- Roxy Ball Room opens in Digbeth – here’s what the opening night looked like
- Retro gaming arcade bar NQ64 opens in Birmingham
- Independent music venues keep music thriving in Birmingham, but for how long?
- Review: JAWS celebrate new album The Ceiling at stellar homecoming
- Review: A joyous homecoming for Swim Deep at the O2 Institute
- Review: The Twang smash annual Christmas homecoming show
- hmv Birmingham Bullring store to stay open under new deal
Founding editor of Counteract. Freelance travel and music journalist.