The Sonic Gun Weekender is back with another huge line up featuring some of the best acts Birmingham has to offer.
The local festival is hosted by one of the biggest names in music promotion around these parts. Sonic Gun, renowned for hosting bands large and small across numerous venues are putting on the second Sonic Gun Weekender festival this August, 16-17th at the Castle and Falcon.
Friday 16th sees big names such as The Clause, Karkosa and Candid taking to the stage alongside older and newer bands; Faith and The Pines. It’s looking to be a huge night given The Clause’s recent string of sold-out shows across the country and Candid taking Coventry and Birmingham by storm.
Saturday is set to be even bigger with local stars Sugarthief headlining the night and supported by friends The Novus, Violet and Spilt Milk Society. Also on the stellar line up is former Swim Deep member Wolfgang Harte; the boy who’s supported almost every band in Birmingham, George Pannell and The Americas (not actually from America).
Last year’s event saw other big Birmingham names such as Ivory Wave and Riscas headline the stages but they appear to be stepping down this year to work on some great things, paving the way for more wonderful Birmingham based artists to shine through this time around.
There will also be DJ sets all day and night, which is yet to be announced. 2018 saw members of Swim Deep and Peace DJ the night away so whoever is handpicked to DJ this year is something to be anticipated.
The Sonic Gun Weekender takes place between August 16-17 at The Castle & Falcon, Birmingham. Tickets are on sale now, via this link.
Like this? Try these…
- Venue guide: The Castle & Falcon, Birmingham
- Review: Ivory Wave smash through the Sonic Gun Weekender Saturday
- Review: Riscas mix summer and winter on engaging ‘Calypso’ EP
- Review: The Clause impress at phenomenal sold-out Birmingham show
- Interview: Wolfgang Harte discusses his return to music and supporting Peace on tour
- Review: Sugarthief sweet talk Birmingham at epic homecoming gig
- Doves to headline new Birmingham festival at Perry Park
- Shimmer Sounds Festival to debut in Birmingham this November
In love with all things ‘indie’ and underground – from psychedelic to alternative to rock. My favourite artists include Black Honey, The Last Shadow Puppets, Tame Impala, The Vaccines and Childish Gambino.