The ‘0121 Desire’ residency at the 120 capacity Birmingham venue will take place this June, and features a star-studded array of supports and DJ guests.
[amazon bestseller = ‘swim deep vinyl’]
It’s been a long four years since we last heard from Swim Deep, the youngest siblings of the B-Town indie family. They certainly haven’t forgotten Birmingham though; they’re coming back for a run of tiny homecoming shows at the Sunflower Lounge in anticipation of their next album, courtesy of Sonic Gun. Fans can expect 3 nights of early 10’s nostalgia as the band run through their first two albums and gives Birmingham a taster of what’s to come next. The shows will run from the 18th until the 20th of June.
Support comes from local psych-poppers Sugarthief (18th), tall stories (19th), and ex-member Wolfgang Harte (20th). In addition, the residency boasts DJ sets from Peace‘s Boycie, Wolf Alice‘s Theo Ellis, and JAWS‘s Connor Schofield.
Swim Deep’s last album was 2015’s Mothers. The band have recently teased a comeback via their social media, following recent releases from fellow B-Town alumni JAWS and Peace. Tickets are £10 and go on sale Wednesday 15th May at 9am.
Like this? Try these…
- Foals to play massive outdoor shows in Digbeth this summer
- Doves to headline new Birmingham festival at Perry Park
- Review: Ivory Wave ride high at landmark Birmingham gig
- Review: Her’s bring dreamy pop to Birmingham’s Sunflower Lounge
- Review: Peace return to Birmingham for intimate Sunflower Lounge show