Whilst some people may be living it up at the big summer festivals in Europe, things couldn’t be better than right here in Birmingham. A whole host of top class acts, all on your doorstep and for less than some duty free snacks.
Cave Girl + Kinds of Light + Handwaxx
Who: Birmingham’s leading indie glam quartet
When: 6th June
Where: The Night Owl
Not hitting up the monthly free psych night Kaleidoscope should be seen as some sort of musical heresy, and with a bill making up of part glam, part psychedelic outfit Cave Girl, ethereal indie Kinds of Light and the now-with-new-line-up Handwaxx. Plus, DJs and an arts market featuring more of Birmingham’s booming talent.
MeMe Detroit + The Butters Aliens + Sofa King
Who: Gritty, rocky grunge for a political cause
When: 7th June
Where: Hare and Hounds
Like this? Try these…
- Venue guide: The Night Owl, Birmingham
- Doves to headline new Birmingham festival at Perry Park
- Bloc Party to play Silent Alarm in full in Birmingham
- 11 records every Brummie should own
- ‘In the Que’ set to celebrate the history of legendary Birmingham venue
- New waterside restaurant The Bracebridge opens in Sutton Park
PR, events and social media by day, lover of all things geeky and retro. Can often be found scribbling notes at the back of the gig.