A UK tour announcement from Yonaka couldn’t have come sooner following the recent release of debut album Don’t Wait ‘Til Tomorrow.
Yonaka are a band that have spent the past few years working their way up the food chain (also known as ‘the music industry’) and now find themselves comfortably sat amongst the less ferocious of the mammals. Their debut album was released on May 31st, and while they’ve played a couple of shows since the release, they’re hardly comparable in size or scale to their new set of freshly-announced dates for this Autumn.
Yonaka may be set to spring into a full-UK tour already, but the UK aren’t the only place demanding the band’s attention. They’ve recently travelled across the pond to America where they played two headline shows, one in Brooklyn on June 11th and the other in Los Angeles on June 13th. Despite this somewhat random pair of dates, Yonaka haven’t failed to attend to their UK fans’ wishes and bestow upon them a generous 11-date Autumn tour, featuring a stop-off at Birmingham’s 02 Institute2 on November 15th.
Full list of tour dates as follows:
08 Brighton, Concorde2
10 Bristol, SWX
11 Nottingham, Rescue Rooms,
12 Oxford, 02 Academy2
13 Portsmouth, Wedgewood Rooms
15 Birmingham, 02 Institute2
17 Newcastle, Riverside
18 Glasgow, The Garage
20 Sheffield, The Leadmill
21 Manchester, Academy 2
27 London, Electric Brixton
Like this? Try these…
- Venue guide: O2 Institute, Birmingham
- Review: Dark pop rockers Yonaka storm The Castle and Falcon
- Charli XCX returns with monumental world tour and new album ‘Charli‘
- Snobs boss to open two more bars in Birmingham city centre
- Real ale bar supporting local charities to open in Birmingham
- The Clause launch new single In My Element at The Sunflower Lounge
- In photos: The Specials at Coventry Cathedral Ruins
Graphic designer, saxophone player, gig lover. Owns far too many hamsters.