Last updated on
The Specials are back in their home city of Coventry for four very special nights under the backdrop of the stunning Coventry Cathedral Ruins
Currently in the middle of a quartet of epic homecoming shows, on July 9th The Specials performed with aplomb at Coventry Cathedral Ruins.
The Specials, who returned this year with their first new album with Terry Hall in almost 40 years, were back in town to perform hits like ‘Ghost Town’, ‘Too Much Too Young’, ‘A Message To You Rudy’ and ‘Ghost Town’, alongside newer singles ‘Vote For Me’ and ’10 Commandments’.
Zoe Shannon was there to capture the legendary 2 Tone band – check out her photos below.
See below for a slideshow of the images – or tap on the image and use the arrows to navigate through.
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”3″ display=”basic_slideshow”]
Like this? Try these…
- Peter Hook & The Light to perform New Order albums in Coventry
- Coventry’s Coombe Weekender announces huge initial festival line-up
- Review: Two-tone heroes The Specials return with important new album Encore
- Review: The Specials thrill Wolverhampton Civic Hall crowd
- Real ale bar supporting local charities to open in Birmingham
- July 2019: 10 gigs in Birmingham for less than a tenner
Editor and founder of Counteract, freelance music, lifestyle and travel writer + social media manager. Big fan of discovering new music + online trends.