Skepta announces autumn UK tour – ticket information and more
Skepta announces first headline tour since the release of his fifth studio album, Ignorance Is Bliss – including date at Birmingham’s O2 Academy
On 31st May, Skepta ended weeks of fevered anticipation by releasing his highly anticipated fifth studio album, Ignorance Is Bliss. An instant hit with fans and critics alike, the record was met with huge, widespread acclaim and entered the UK album charts at number two.
Released via Skepta’s own Boy Better Know label, Ignorance Is Bliss is the follow up to his era defining Konnichiwa album. Brilliantly uncompromising, authentic and unwavering in its desire to push boundaries, it’s set to go down as Skepta’s best album to date. Skepta takes the lead / sole producer role on the majority of the record alongside the likes of Ragz Originale, Ayo, IndigoChildRick and Trench, and collaborations with Nafe Smallz, Key, J Hus, Cheb Rabi & B Live, Lancey Foux, Lay Z & Wizkid and BBK.
Today, Skepta announces his first headline tour since the release of Ignorance Is Bliss. The run of shows includes a date at Birmingham’s O2 Academy on Tuesday 26th November and will culminate in a huge hometown event at London’s 10,000 capacity Olympia on Friday 29th November.
Tickets go on sale at 9am on Thursday 27th June via this link. See below for full list of UK dates.
23 – Warehouse Project, Manchester
26 – O2 Academy, Birmingham
28 – O2 Academy, Glasgow
29 – Olympia, London
Like this? Try these…
- Andy C, Solardo, Holy Goof and more among MADE Festival 2019 lineup
- Venue guide: O2 Academy, Birmingham
- Not Safe For Work: the next wave of Birmingham MCs ready to rise
- The rise of Lady Leshurr – from Kingshurst Youth Club to the MOBOs and beyond
- Review: Lady Sanity mixes emotional poignancy with powerful hits on For Figures EP
- Review: Rising rapper Dave brings his Game Over EP to Birmingham
- Sourdough pizza chain Franco Manca opens in Birmingham
- Review: Foals storm a sold-out Digbeth Arena
Founding editor of Counteract. Freelance travel and music journalist.