Last updated on
Much like how Black Mirror has made us put tape over our webcams and resent our addiction to social media, NYC’s Bodega are street wise to the hopeless romance we have with technology.
‘I use my computer for everything, heaven knows I’m miserable now’ the AI voice vacantly announces on Bodega’s debut album ‘Endless Scroll’. The hard truths that ‘Your playlist knows you better than your current lover’, the idle need to endlessly scroll and the absurdity in the normality of living to work are all questioned by the Brooklyn art rock five piece. Much like how The Pixies levelled with the devil, and how Rage Against The Machine fired at point blank range, Bodega flatline the principalities of modern life and see through the facade of an automated life. It makes for an impressive debut, led with confident bass lines, almost spoken word lyrics and an overall theme similar to Sonic Youth, Fontaine’s D.C and the aforementioned Pixies.
With their new album in tow, Bodega will hit the road this August on a headline UK tour, starting in Leicester and ending in Bedford, with a slot at Birmingham’s Hare and Hounds on Wednesday, August 28th with support from Working Men’s Club.
See their full list of UK headline dates below.
10 – Leicester, O2 Academy
12 – Edinburgh, Summerhall
13 – Newcastle, Riverside
27 – Brighton, Concorde 2
28 – Birmingham, Hare & Hounds
29 – Bedford, Bedford Esquires
Like this? Try these…
- Venue guide: Hare & Hounds, Birmingham
- Shimmer Sounds Festival to debut in Birmingham this November
- This is Tmrw announce their full Future Days 2019 lineup
- Review: The Lafontaines unleash their latest album on Birmingham
- Review: Foals storm a sold-out Digbeth Arena
- Review: Confidence Man bring an unstoppable party to Hare & Hounds
- Doves to headline new Birmingham festival at Perry Park
PR, events and social media by day, lover of all things geeky and retro. Can often be found scribbling notes at the back of the gig.