Last updated on
The video for the extremely topical quarantine single features cameos from members of Idles, Dream Wife, Amyl and the Sniffers, God Damn and more
It’s probably fair to assume that after the nuclear apocalypse the only two things that will survive are cockroaches and garage rock bands. Some might say “What’s the difference?” but suddenly, an album about a band emerging from the rubble of a post-apocalyptic society and press shots in a ransacked and deserted kebab shop feel weirdly relevant. Who better than Birmingham’s beloved rock freaks, Table Scraps, to soundtrack the sound of “Spring Lockdown Fest 2020” with the new single I Wanna Stay Home With U?
Self-produced under quarantine, and with a music video that checks in on how many familiar faces (Dream Wife, Idles, Amyl & The Sniffers, et al) are coping whilst stuck indoors on a giant conference call, I Wanna Stay Home With U is the ideal antidote for all those dodgy acoustic live streams polluting your feed.
Watch the video below.
I Wanna Stay Home With U is released digitally (obvs) today, April 16, via Burger Records.
Like this? Try these…
- Review: Table Scraps are top-notch at SXSW fundraiser
- Band of the Week 004: Table Scraps
- Album review: Table Scraps’ Autonomy is an infectious slab of garage-psych
- Birmingham band La Dharma talk origins, lyrics and isolation
- Independent music venues keep music thriving in Birmingham, but for how long?
- A round up of the best independent shops in Birmingham
- We need to support independent businesses more than ever before
- Independent cinemas will be essential post-isolation, but they need us now
Editor and founder of Counteract, freelance music, lifestyle and travel writer + social media manager. Big fan of discovering new music + online trends.