Last updated on
Digbeth just got its first tropical themed bar – Birdies – complete with palm trees, flamingos and cocktails to brighten up the dampest of days.
Officially named ‘the coolest neighbourhood in Britain’ by the Sunday Times, Digbeth has rapidly become an un-restrainable magnet for the quirkiest, most intriguingly themed bars and cafés in Birmingham. And at the heart of it, The Custard Factory pumps the innovative blood through its streets.
It comes as no surprise, therefore, that a tropical bar boasting palm trees and cocktails named Flamingo Coolers, has recently opened its doors in the district.
Originating in Liverpool in 2017, by owners Kip Piper and Danny Bolger, the animated venue is the sibling of its eccentric, neon neighbour Ghetto Golf. The owners hope that these two vibrant joints can be enjoyed hand-in-hand, with the new bar adding an extra layer to the established retro scene: “Since we first opened Ghetto Golf in Digbeth two years ago, we’ve been warmly welcomed to the area and setting up Birdies Bar next door was the perfect step for us.” said Kip.
Birdies was created with the vision of a “resort-style gateway” with a “laidback vibrant ideal” which would cater for those wanting casual drinks or a wild night of dancing. And if its instagram-able cocktails and fluorescent decor wasn’t enough to entice you, their in-house street food vendor Apocalypse Cow, which serves only hand selected USD grade brisket, Boston pork butts and their own perfect blend of beef in their burgers, might just tip you over the edge (They also smoke their own cheeses, butter, tofu and fish!).
But don’t take our word for it – check it out for yourself.
Location: 42, Heath Mill Lane, B9 4AR
Like this? Try these…
- More bands, cast and map revealed for The Legitimate Peaky Blinders Festival
- Review: Foals storm a sold-out Digbeth Arena
- American-style pancake shop Stickie Fingers to open in Digbeth
- We took on Ghetto Golf: Birmingham’s eccentric neon playground
- Review: IDLES spread joy at sold-out Digbeth show
- UK’s largest zero-waste supermarket to open in Bournville
- 15 of the best Birmingham Instagram accounts you need to follow
- The best alternative drinking experiences in Birmingham
Passionate about music, Birmingham, and tea.