Steve Hackett to perform sensational show at Symphony Hall
Prog-rock fans will fondly remember Genesis, the quirky, outlandish band that helped to shape the 70s whose career spanned several decades.
One of the most influential members of Genesis’ was former lead guitarist Steve Hackett, who was present throughout the makings of the band’s iconic albums Nursery Cryme, The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and A Trick of the Tail, to name a few.
The good news for Genesis fans is that Hackett will be touring Europe this autumn, which includes 20 UK dates and most importantly a trip to Birmingham’s Symphony Hall. The shows will be made up of two different sets; one half will contain Hackett’s solo material while the other will showcase Genesis’ 1973 album Selling England by the Pound in full.
Hackett will be performing classics from his solo album Spectral Mornings to commemorate its 40th anniversary, as well as a range of songs from his latest album. Tickets for most dates are sold out, but see below for the full list of dates and check here for remaining tickets.
02 Waterside, Aylesbury
03 Leas Cliff Hall, Folkestone
05 City Hall, Sheffield
06 Corn Exchange, Cambridge
08 De Montford Hall, Leicester
09 St. David’s Hall, Cardiff
11 Philharmonic, Liverpool
12 Dome, Brighton
13 Guildhall, Portsmouth
15 City Hall, Salisbury
16 Hexagon, Reading
18 Symphony Hall, Birmingham
19 Barbican, York
20 Forum, Bath
22 Victoria Theatre, Halifax
23 The Sage, Gateshead
25 Usher Hall, Edinburgh
26 Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
27 Cliffs Pavilion, Southend
29 Hammersmith Eventim Apollo, London
Like this? Try these…
- Venue guide: Symphony Hall, Birmingham
- Review: Ludovico Einaudi returns with breathtaking Symphony Hall show
- Review: Ben Howard’s Symphony Hall show is an exercise in atmosphere and patience
- Venue guide: Town Hall, Birmingham
- Review: Caro Emerald swings into Symphony Hall with explosive pop-jazz
- 11 records every Brummie should own
- November 2019: 10 gigs in Birmingham for less than a tenner
- The best alternative drinking experiences in Birmingham
Graphic designer, saxophone player, gig lover. Owns far too many hamsters.