Metronomy to tour highly new anticipated album across the UK
Evolving from a scrappy, lo-fi side project into a silky, rich electro-pop quintet, Metronomy return with new album ‘Metronomy Forever’.
Their influences of Devo, Bowie and Pavement lay heavy in their new work, due to be released in September, as leading tracks ooze with gooey beats, harmonious electro pop and addictive indie guitar and drum hooks. The group, which started in Devon in 1999, came to fame with ‘The Look’ – a twinkly synth led track that paved the way for mid 2000’s indie. Their newest offerings including ‘Salted Caramel Ice Cream’ elevate those simple synths into luxurious melodies that are laid down smooth, sickly sweet just like caramel.
Metronomy embark on a UK tour this November alongside Squid, described as “psyched out math-pop” and ’70’s post punk” by Line of Best Fit.
Metronomy will play Birmingham’s O2 Institute on Saturday, November 16th. See the rest of their tour dates below.
06 Southampton, Guildhall
07 London, The Roundhouse
08 London, The Roundhouse
09 Manchester, O2 Academy
11 Leeds, O2 Academy
13 Glasgow, SWG3
14 Bristol, O2 Academy
15 Nottingham, Rock City
16 Birmingham, O2 Institute
Like this? Try these…
- Venue guide: O2 Institute, Birmingham
- Review: Metronomy captivate a packed out venue in Birmingham
- Review: Sam Fender smashes Birmingham’s O2 Institute
- Review: Foals storm a sold-out Digbeth Arena
- Digbeth welcomes its first tropical themed bar, Birdies
- Review: The S.L.P have Birmingham on ‘Lockdown’ with pulsating show
- An ode to Digbeth: Birmingham’s gritty creative quarter
PR, events and social media by day, lover of all things geeky and retro. Can often be found scribbling notes at the back of the gig.