Last updated on
October sees noise-rock legends Melt-Banana come to the Hare & Hounds all the way from Tokyo.
Melt-Banana have been a big name in the international noise rock scene since their formation in nineties Tokyo, and since then they’ve toured with Melvins, Tool, and Napalm Death. Their barbed, experimental hardcore has been streamlined over the years and is now composed of just the frantic vocals of Yasuko Onuki and the idiosyncratic guitar of Ichirou Agata.
The buzz surrounding them suggests that their live shows are no less explosive since trading in the kit for a drum machine, but the only way to know for sure is to catch them in person. Good job thisistmrw and Supersonic have teamed up to bring them to (where else) the Hare & Hounds on 28th October. See below for the full list of dates.
16 Dingwalls, London
18 The Caves, Edinburgh
19 Stereo, Glasgow
20 The Cluny, Newcastle Upon Tyne
21 Gorilla, Manchester
25 Exchange, Bristol
27 The Wheatsheaf, Oxford
28 Hare & Hounds, Birmingham
29 The Bodega, Nottingham
31 The Portland Arms, Cambridge
01 The Haunt, Brighton, UK
Like this? Try these…
- Venue guide: Hare & Hounds, Birmingham
- Review: Supersonic Festival is as adventurous as ever in fifteenth year
- Review: Supersonic Festival wows curious audiences in Digbeth
- Review: Youth Man go out on a high at International Women’s Day gig
- 11 records every Brummie should own
- Black Sabbath celebrated at city centre metal bench presentation
- Review: Ministry unleash the industrial rage of AmeriKKKant at the O2 Institute
Visual artist, multi-instrumentalist, and scrounger. Always wearing headphones, probably listening to Ezra Furman, Sleater-Kinney or Goat.