Last updated on
Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs are back in Birmingham in April, this time headlining The Mill.
Following a “gurningly heavy” headline set at Supersonic 2019, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs are returning to Digbeth in April for a show at The Mill. The doom metal maximalists have earned a reputation for primal live shows since the release of their sophomore album King Of Cowards in 2018 on Rocket Recordings. Sounding like the toxic offspring of Black Sabbath and Motörhead, they’ve got sledgehammer riffs and a penchant for sequins.
Support comes from fellow Novocastrians Blóm, a noise punk trio who describe their sound as “pua radge shit”. Their online presence doesn’t give a lot away, but if the one song on their bandcamp is anything to go by, they’ll certainly get the crowd warmed up.
16 – Gorilla, Manchester
17 – The Mill, Birmingham
18 – Thekla, Bristol
24 – Leeds University Stylus, Leeds
29 – Rescue Rooms, Nottingham
30 – Electric Ballroom, Camden, London
1 – Concorde 2, Brighton
Like this? Try these…
- New Digbeth venue The Mill just opened – and its rooftop terrace is stunning
- Review: Supersonic Festival is as adventurous as ever in fifteenth year
- Review: Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs storm the Hare & Hounds
- Review: Hot Snakes and Rattle join forces at the Hare and Hounds
- Review: Supersonic Festival wows curious audiences in Digbeth
- Digbeth Dining Club announces street food partnership with Aston Villa
- An ode to Digbeth: Birmingham’s gritty creative quarter
- Chance & Counters board game café to open in Birmingham
Visual artist, multi-instrumentalist, and scrounger. Always wearing headphones, probably listening to Ezra Furman, Sleater-Kinney or Goat.