South London psych-rockers Phobophobes are making a long-awaited return to Birmingham this October.
Favourites of BBC 6 Music – their 2018 album Miniature World was selected as album of the day by Steve Lamacq – the six-piece have since recorded their second full-length release with Killing Joke’s Youth at his studio in Andalusia. The DIY mentality they’ve forged in their home beneath the infamous Windmill in Brixton is still present in their hypnotic live shows today. 3rd October sees them play the Hare & Hounds with support from Hampshire post-rock outfit Burning House.
Full list of UK dates as follows:
03 – Hare & Hounds, Birmingham
04 – Jacaranda Records – Phase One, Liverpool
07 – Broadcast, Glasgow
01 – FortyTwo, Worthing
03 – The Hope & Ruin, Brighton
Like this? Try these…
- Venue guide: Hare & Hounds, Birmingham
- Review: King Khan’s Louder Than Death brings chaos to Birmingham
- Review: The Legitimate Peaky Blinders Festival crashes down on Digbeth
- 200 Degrees opens its second store in Birmingham city centre
- Review: Hibushibire deliver psych jams from Osaka to Kings Heath
- Review: Telegram bring sleazy rock n’ roll to the Hare & Hounds
Visual artist, multi-instrumentalist, and scrounger. Always wearing headphones, probably listening to Ezra Furman, Sleater-Kinney or Goat.