From the same scene that spawned Tame Impala, Perth psych group Pond are back from a four year break with their new technicolour project ‘Tasmania.’
Known for their hazy, fluid, bass led productions, Pond have often seen themselves as being on the wrong side of the pond; spawning Nick Allbrook’s essay ‘Creative Darwinism: Pretty Flowers Grow In Shit’. It’s this geographical isolation that brought the band into the baron and often harsh deserts of Tasmania.
The album, produced by Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker, is an expansive addition to Perth’s ‘stoner music’ scene, branching further than the funk led bass and reflective melancholy. Now, with their seventh studio effort, produced between ocean swim breaks, the Aussies are ready to take their mature and blissful blend of synth, psych and irreverent mood shifts on tour across the UK.
Pond will play Birmingham at The Crossing, Digbeth on Saturday, November 2nd. See their full UK tour dates below.
02 – The Crossing, Birmingham
03 – St. Luke’s, Glasgow
04 – Academy2, Manchester
05 – Brudenell Social Club, Leeds
06 – Electric Brixton, London
Like this? Try these…
- Review: Parquet Courts are electric at sold out Digbeth show
- Review: Kurt Vile & the Violators kick off debut Future Days festival
- Experimental metal legends Sunn O))) announce UK tour dates
- Review: Supersonic Festival wows curious audiences in Digbeth
- Doves to headline new Birmingham festival at Perry Park
- Swervedriver to play O2 Institute Birmingham this month