Caribou to play Birmingham on 2020 UK tour
After a five year hiatus, Canadian electronic artist and producer Dan Snaith aka Caribou has returned with the release of new single ‘Home’ and the announcement of a UK tour which stops off in Birmingham.
The Canadian’s last studio album was 2014’s “Our Love” but he has since released music under the moniker of Daphni including 2017’s ‘Joli Mai’ and this year’s ‘Sizzling’ EP.
Snaith released his first material back in 2001 as Manitoba but an impending lawsuit by Richard Manitoba of punk band The Dictators, mean’t that he had to drop the name . In 2005 he started recording as Caribou and released “The Milk of Human Kindness”.
His latest offering is a soulful track centred around a Gloria Barnes sample from her 1971 song of the same name. You can listen to it here:
Caribou will be bringing a live band to Birmingham’s O2 Academy on 5th April in a show presented by local promoter collectives Leftfoot and This Is Tmrw. Full list of dates as follows:
30 The Dome, Brighton
01 Invisible Wand Factory, Liverpool
02 O2 Academy, Leeds
03 Victoria Warehouse, Manchester
04 The Barrowlands, Glasgow
05 O2 Academy, Birmingham
06 O2 Academy, Bristol
07 O2 Academy Brixton, London
Like this? Try these…
- Venue guide: O2 Academy, Birmingham
- Indian restaurant Opheem brings another Michelin star to Birmingham
- Supergrass add second Birmingham date to sold-out reunion tour
- Mac DeMarco to play Birmingham’s O2 Academy in November
- The Libertines to grace Birmingham’s O2 Academy this December
- Chance & Counters board game café to open in Birmingham