Last updated on
Rosie Tee delivers her most exciting piece of cutting edge electro-pop to date. ‘Wither’ brings eclectic influences to bear on a strange, yet irresistible journey.
Rosie Tee, the musical project of Brummie native and Birmingham Conservatoire alumni Rosie Tunley (backed by the considerable talents of Piera Onacko, Dan Cippico and Kai Chareunsy), has made a considerable name for herself on the local circuit in just a few short years of activity: She released her EP Chambers earlier this year to considerable acclaim, made the shortlist for Best Jazz Act at the 2019 Birmingham Music Awards, and recorded a live session at Abbey Road. Now, along with short tour that includes a homecoming date at Birmingham’s Centrala, Rosie has revealed her latest studio effort, ‘Wither’. It might just be her best release yet.
‘Wither’ finds Rosie and her band straddling the line between virtuosic jazz and art-pop sensibilities. Rosie’s trademark cryptic lyrics are propelled along by looping, off-kilter industrial percussion until the track’s final euphoric act, where Rosie and the band spiral upwards to a Bjork-esque crescendo.
‘Wither’ is available to buy and stream now. Find Rosie Tee’s full tour itinerary below.
23 – Hatch, Sheffield
24 – Centrala, Birmingham
26 – Sofar Sounds, London
- Review: Boy Azooga perform studio perfect set at The Castle & Falcon
- Retro gaming arcade bar NQ64 to open in Birmingham in 2020
- Birmingham’s first Peruvian restaurant, Chakana, opens in Moseley
- Review: Supersonic Festival is as adventurous as ever in fifteenth year
- Post-Brexit drop in music tourism could cost the West Midlands tens of millions