Last updated on
NQ64 Birmingham is set to be the latest late night gaming bar to open in the city, with a Digbeth opening planned for next year
A brand new retro gaming bar is coming to Digbeth in 2020, a must-visit for fans of classic console and arcade games.
Described as an “underground drinking den filled with retro arcade games and classic consoles,” NQ64 is set to open in the UK’s second city and follow in the footsteps of retro arcade bar Kongs, which recently opened in Birmingham. NQ64 currently has bars in Manchester and Liverpool.
NQ64 Birmingham will be home to a number of classic arcade games such as Space Invaders, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Pac-Man, Tekken and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on retro gaming machines and consoles like Dreamcasts, Mega Drives and Playstations. There will also be a selection of pinball machines on offer.
Games are playable by tokens, with 15 tokens costing £5. A single game costs either one or two tokens to play.
Alongside the games, NQ64 Birmingham will also have a regularly changing selection of craft beers and dedicated themed cocktails curated by staff. Currently there are Mario and Luigi cocktails, as well as their Pac’s a Punch cocktail.
Stay tuned for more information on NQ64 Birmingham. To check out their Manchester and Liverpool bars, please visit nq64.co.uk.
Like this? Try these…
- Flight Club hits the spot in Birmingham on opening weekend
- Kongs is the latest addition to Birmingham’s nightlife gaming scene
- Dig Brew Co brewery launches new pizzeria with a fresh spin
- We took on Ghetto Golf: Birmingham’s eccentric neon playground
- The best alternative drinking experiences in Birmingham
- 15 of the best Birmingham Instagram accounts you need to follow
- A round up of the best independent shops in Birmingham
- Birmingham bar 40 St. Paul’s crowned best gin bar in the world
Editor and founder of Counteract, freelance music, lifestyle and travel writer + social media manager. Big fan of discovering new music + online trends.