Last updated on
A brand new Latin American restaurant, La Mariposa, is set to open in the Jewellery Quarter very soon
The recently opened wellness hotel, Selina Birmingham, is soon to be home to a brand new restaurant inspired by the vibrant streets of Cuba, transporting guests to ‘Havana nights’ with its exciting Latin American dishes.
After leaving Michael O’Hare’s Michelin-starred ‘Man Behind The Curtain’ in Leeds, chef Kray Treadwell (who recently appeared on BBC’s Great British Menu) will be at the helm of this new establishment, curating a fantastic menu which is set to include an array of dishes such as Baked Aubergine; Feijoada (Brazilian smoked bean soup) and Cuban Style Chicken Thigh. Beyond the restaurant, guests can also enjoy cocktails in the ‘romantic city garden’, surrounded by quirky local artwork.
The Selina hotel is one among 50 hotels across Latin America and Europe, famous for their unique blend of comfort, well-being, recreation and experience. As well as providing accommodation, food, and drinks, the hotel also offers workshops, a cinema room, wellness class, and much more.
On Selina’s opening, Erwin de Jong Oliveira, Selina’s Head of Country UK, said “We wanted to blend Selina’s Latin American roots with local talent, history and culture and we are excited to open our doors and provide a new hub for the community.”
Keep an eye on La Mariposa and get more information on their opening by following them on Instagram.
📍 Selina Birmingham, 91 Livery St, Birmingham B3 1RJ
Like this? Try these…
- Indian street food restaurant Indico to open in the Mailbox
- The best alternative drinking experiences in Birmingham
- Retro gaming arcade bar NQ64 to open in Birmingham in 2020
- Digbeth Dining Club finds second home at FarGo Village in Coventry
- Birmingham’s first Peruvian restaurant, Chakana, opens in Moseley
- 7 of the best vegetarian restaurants in Birmingham
- Indian restaurant Opheem brings another Michelin star to Birmingham
Passionate about music, Birmingham, and tea.