The big day is almost upon us – and let’s be honest, everybody loves a Christmas song.
In this new set of data released by Spotify today, listener trends by country and age have been revealed – oh and they also tell us that Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ is lightyears ahead of the rest. But we all knew that anyway, didn’t we?
Spotify’s latest set of festive data shows when the United Kingdom started seriously listening to Christmas songs, passing the 2% threshold on 18th November. The top 10 Christmas songs in the UK also includes the likes of Wham!, Band Aid, Michael Buble, Wizzard and…ahem…Justin Bieber. Disappointingly, there’s no room for Wolverhampton band Slade in the UK’s top ten.
Check out the data and most streamed tracks here.
The worldwide top 20 takes on a similar vein, with the addition of songs by Coldplay, Elvis Presley and Chris Rea (a surprise commission from the UK’s top 10, may we add) making up the rest of the list. We’re sure this will form most of your Christmas Day playlist…
- Mariah Carey – All I Want for Christmas Is You
- Wham! – Last Christmas
- Michael Bublé – It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
- Justin Bieber – Mistletoe
- Ariana Grande – Santa Tell Me
- Andy Williams – It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
- Band Aid – Do They Know It’s Christmas? (1984 Version)
- The Pogues – Fairytale of New York (feat. Kirsty MacColl)
- Bing Crosby – White Christmas
- Frank Sinatra – Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
- Michael Bublé – White Christmas (Duet With Shania Twain)
- Bobby Helms – Jingle Bell Rock
- Michael Bublé – All I Want For Christmas Is You
- Elvis Presley – Blue Christmas
- José Feliciano – Feliz Navidad
- Michael Bublé – Holly Jolly Christmas
- Coldplay – Christmas Lights
- Chris Rea – Driving Home For Christmas
- Nat King Cole – The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)
- Michael Bublé – Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
You can check out the full list of Christmas listener data over on Spotify’s blog.
Long live Slade.
Editor and founder of Counteract, freelance music, lifestyle and travel writer + social media manager. Big fan of discovering new music + online trends.