Local alternative hip hop artist T8PES releases new video
There’s Always Tomorrow is a brutal trip down memory lane for Jimmy Davis aka T8PES, who is in the best form of his career so far
Proud Brummie and local songwriter, lyricist and performer T8PES is back with a brand new single and video – and it’s his arguably his most honest work yet.
Latest single There’s Always Tomorrow is a poignant and brutally honest trip down memory lane, where painful memories and joyful experiences collide in an autobiographical memoir. In other words, this is T8PES telling us just how badly he fucked up. But it’s those experiences and the ability to capture that emotion in song form, and then express it so honestly, that makes what T8PES does so effective.
With his previous four single releases receiving BBC 6 Music support, along with being named as a BBC Introducing WM sound of 2019 artist, it’s been an exciting 12 months for Birmingham’s Alternative Electronic Hip Hop artist. T8PES’ debut album << (Rewind) was released in May and garnered some positive reviews in the local press.
Watch the video for There’s Always Tomorrow below.
T8PES plays Birmingham’s Sunflower Lounge on Friday 29th November supporting Ed Geater. Tickets are on sale now for the Birmingham Promoters show via this link.
Like this? Try these…
- Venue guide: The Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham
- 11 records every Brummie should own
- Why the Birmingham music scene is better than you think
- Save money at these music venues with an Independent Birmingham card
- Meet the venues leading the way for new music in Birmingham
- Retro gaming arcade bar NQ64 to open in Birmingham in 2020
- November 2019: 10 gigs in Birmingham for less than a tenner
Founding editor of Counteract. Freelance travel and music journalist.